Dec 11, 2006

The 2007 Emergent Theological Conversation

So - maybe you can tell from my last post - I'm interested in this whole emergent thing - but I think it fails to acknowledge the good that has gone before and does not engage other serious problems (like the needs and ideas of people who don't want to be/aren't the type to be/haven't had the educational options to be in conversation all the time...which in the US means leaving out a huge chunk of the poor and minorities...though I think the movement has done a lot for hearing women theologians who don't normaly get a voice).

Anyway - they're having an event April 16-18...I don't know if I'll be able to - but I want to go:

http://www.emergentvillage.com/events/the-2007-emergent-theological-conversation

registration is limited - sign up now if you want to go...or spend the weekend doing something instead of talking.

No comments: